font conversion

Hello and good day. I have a problem that is just a little beyond vexing at the
present time. I am trying to convert a specific font (a bdf) into a console. The

font file I am attempting to get is one with a 4x6 character set of standard
characters.  I am using xmbdfed to take copies of the standard characters in the

bdf font file and just past the pixel patterns into the new font. However when I

try to export the font to something I can use (psf) it just fails. I realize
that the program says in the help that some characters when exporting to psf
will not work however just importing a standard font (gr8x6.psf) into the
program and then saving it as another file produces the same file without flaws.

Could someone recommend a fix for this or another good program in debian or
elsewhere (even cross platform) that can deal with files of this type and
produce the output that I desire.

Please reply to me in CC as well as to the list since I get the digested
version.

http://kernel.freeservers.com *THE* best source for Linux Kernel Info
e2compr give your cheap hard drive better use with compression

Separate hype from hope on Wall Street. Visit  http://www.streetforce.com