Canon LBP430 won't load paper

I am using magicfilter on a production environment Debian Slink system.
I have selected the ljet3 filter. The printer prints fine. The problem
is that noe of the paper loading seems to work. I can only print 1 page,
hand fed, at a time. This is a real pain. I have not tried apsfilter. I
want to find someone that is using this printer with Linux. I want to
know if anyone has a filter for this printer, as I have not been able to
find one. It should operate with most PCL5 filters, but I do not know
which of the existing filters meets this requirement. ANY suggestions
are appreciated.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems