Re: WmWare on Debian

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been to the WNWare home page, and Debian is not mentioned as one of the
> supported distributions. Have anyone succsessfully installed and run it on
> Debian (I run potato)?

 I did, on slink. It wasn't that complicated, as long as you read all the
info first. I kind of hacked a few things by hand, though. I'm afraid I
deleted it after the trial period, so I don't remember the details.

 It ran fine on my K6-II/400, 128MB RAM system. Not really fast enough for
most games, but typical office apps worked well.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

    How to fix your Windows Application when it doesn't work:
     (1) Stop and start the program
      (2) Log in and log out again
       (3) Reboot the machine
        (4) Reinstall the application again
         (5) Reinstall the operating system
          (6) Dance naked around the machine, waving a rubber chicken
           (7) "Take your machine back for servicing"
                           - Chris Wedgwood