Re: Potato

It's not all that stable if you're keeping up with the upgrades and
changes constantly being released.  Major stuff has been broken (and then
later fixed) recently by updated packages.

If you get one up and running with *exactly* what you need and aren't
going to use the package systems to upgrade it anymore from that point
until it's more stable or until you have another machine you can check
stuff on, DON'T run mission-critical stuff on it.

My opinion, but one I've seen here many times.  Unstable means unstable.
Period.  And honestly, my critical slink machines do a great job...

Make sure to add a line to /etc/apt/sources.list that has the correct info
for security.debian.org's stuff for slink so you get any critical security
updates -- and don't forget to check for them once in a while.

The line would be:
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable updates