ipxripd package: does it work?

Is anyone but me trying to run the ipxripd 0.7-5 package?

I'm trying to run it on kernel version 2.0.36, compiled for IPX.

When I try to run it, it just goes away.  I never see it as a process
doing 'ps aux'.

If I try to run it in non-daemon mode (-d option), I see:

  Mon Jul 26 17:56:51 1999
  Init start
  000A0001:0040056D2DEF
  000A0001:0040056D2DEF
  interface bound to net 0

and get the prompt back, like it exited without any warning.

I *do* see the networks in /proc/net/ipx_route.  Does this mean ipxd did
run successfully at some point?  It *is* supposed to run continuously,
right?  It doesn't look like the system is routing, judging by what I'm
seeing on other systems on the network.

Can't compile the source package either:  I'm seeing a bunch of trash
like this:

usr/include/linux/ipx.h:64: parse error before `__u32'
/usr/include/linux/ipx.h:64: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union
/usr/include/linux/ipx.h:65: warning: data definition has no type or
storage cla
ss
/usr/include/linux/ipx.h:74: parse error before `}'
In file included from ipxd.h:29,
                 from ipxd.c:33:
ipxsap.h:72: field `dest_addr' has incomplete type
In file included from ipxd.h:30,
                 from ipxd.c:33:
ipxrip.h:58: field `dest_addr' has incomplete type
ipxd.c:64: initializer element is not constant
ipxd.c: In function `ifc_net':
ipxd.c:69: warning: `__v' might be used uninitialized in this function
ipxd.c: In function `run':
ipxd.c:462: storage size of `sipx' isn't known
ipxd.c:462: warning: unused variable `sipx'
make: *** [ipxd.o] Error 1

What's with this thing?  :-(
--
... if the problem persists ... get  a  3.5  ft ... length of sucker rod
and have a chat with the user in question.