Re: basic info (so this newbie can quit bugging you pros)

Yuck, long lines making the post hard to read...

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Kent West wrote:

> I believe that if you'll go to the directory where the .deb file is,
> you can do the command (as root) "dpkg --install man.db_2.3.10-68.deb"
> to install it. However, I'm not well-versed in the intricacies of
> dpkg, so maybe someone else can verify/correct this.

Looks right to me. Note that you'll need the groff and libc6 packages
installed for man-db to install properly. You'll probably also want the
manpages package, which contains manual pages "about using a Linux
system".

If you're in for a joke or two, install the funny-manpages and
asr-manpages packages, and then "man rtfm", "man c", "man luser", and so
on ;)