Re: new logo on debian.org

Khalid EZZARAOUI wrote:

> > I'm with you also.  The chick connected us with Linux but the new logo
> > doesnt do anything for me at all.
> >
> > John C. Ellingboe
>
> don't you never see a Genius going out from it's lantern ?
> like Aladin's story

It's a nice idea, but it's too hard to get a grip on when only the swirl
is visible.
I am sure that people who who never seen the logo before will at some
point ask what it supposed to look like.

I've seen the swirl and the bottle together and my first reaction was "a
bottle with smoke" or "a bottle with something hot in it"..
On the other hand maybe it's just me who is less intelligent than the
rest of the world and doesn't get it :)

I'm not complaining on the author or his artwork, in a artistic level
I'm sure it's a fine piece of art. But for the normal guy/girl it's too
hard to relate to something than a bottle with a puff of smoke.

Just my opinion.

./Andreas