Re: Exim config question

Jor-el <jorel@marvin.megadodo.umb> writes:
> Gary,
>
> 	The problem is with exim which thinks that mach1 is your entire
> domain name. Here is a snippet from the "ROUTERS CONFIGURATION" section of
> exim.conf :
[snip]
>         route_list = * $domain byname
[snip]

That "byname" was all I needed. I'm not running a DNS server on my
little net. Too much of a pain and my PPP machine won't be running
24/7. Only the secondary machine. In my smarthost router I had:

route_list = "* mach1.my.domain bydns_a"

Well, there aren't any A records for my little net and it was
apparently getting locked out by that. I changed it to "byname" and
everything works like a champ now.

Thanks to Jorel, Phillip and Patrick for the help!

Gary