Haunting still... (need PPP help)

Hi all!

I'm sorry, but I still can't get my connection to work. Can anyone tell
me what steps do I have to make, to be able to access the net?

I looked into my ppp.log and it says the local ip is x the remote is y.
Ok. netstat -r:
<remote ip>    gateway: 0.0.0.0 ...
default        gateway: <remote ip>

In ppp.log it says, that my username & password is accepted. My modem is
working fine, I can ping the <remote ip>, but can't ping the
nameservers. They MUST be correct, for I use the same settings when
dialing from Win98r2.

What steps do I have to make to be able to acces the net? (let's say I
just finished installing Debian...)

Thanks,
Algernon NG