Re: Pascal

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, peter karlsson wrote:

>> I installed fpc (Free Pascal) before, but now it is listed as "obsolete" in
>> Dselect. Has it been replaced with something else?

No. This means that the original *.deb file is no longer available,
which is quite natural if you don't keep Debian CDs in your drive all
of the time ;) The word obsolete is somewhat misleading.

>And, now that I upgraded to the version of libc6 (2.1) from potato (to be
>able to install some other development packages), all my Pascal programs
>causes segmentation faults on startup.

Recompile them and see if that helps. If not, put the 2.0 version of
glibc somewhere in /usr/local/lib, add this location to your
environment and to /etc/ld.so.conf, and run ldconfig. And make sure
your apps use the right linker.

--
Philip Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>