Re: netscape 4.61 dies around window destroy in "potato"

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 06:38:23PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 24-Jul-99 bruce@perens.com wrote:
> > Netscape 4.61 as packaged in "potato" dies intermittently around window
> > destroy events. Does anyone know why?

> We can only guess it to be glibc related ( it is compiled against 2.0 not 2.1

In that case, I would bet that it is also likely that these netscapes use some of the 'reserved for internal use' symbols/function in glibc and is thus broken in a manner similar to StarOffice... I've actually been having this problem for quite awhile now with Netscape and glibc2.1.  Unless Netscape releases a fix for this, I don't know what else would fix it. (you could probably do fun things with ldconfig and paths and make NS4.61 use a glibc2.0 dumped somewhere else...)

--
"Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control."
**