Re: infomagic

> On 23-Jul-99 Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> >
> > Check out www.infomagic.com.
> >
> > The reason they no longer put Debian on their linux toolkit cd's (they
> > say) is that at 4 cd's it is now too large.  So they now have a
> > SEPARATE debian 4 cd set.  The latest (2.1r0x) will be out in August at
> > $15 (plus postage).  You can subscribe for updates at $10 a pop.
> > Hopefully, the August release will be followed very shortly by the 2.2
> > release? (In a few months anyway).  This is an OFFICIAL Debian release.
> >  Their web page still shows the 'ol blue eyes' logo on the CD.  Someone
> > should tell them about the new logo?
>
> I thought InfoMagic CD's were not reliable.

If InfoMagic CD's were not reliable, it's because they were cutting
their CDs (to shoehorn Debian into their toolkit CDs), and not taking
the same quality control as we do when developing our official CD
images.

If InfoMagic is now shipping Official Debian CDs, then they are using
our CD images, so they should be just as reliable as anyone else.  And
according to Kenneth, that is exactly what htey are doing.