NOT DEBIAN SPECIFIC: Full HD capacity unrecognized

Hi folks:

My apology for this nonDebian question. Please send your answer (and
any flames) directly to me.

My wife's computer is older machine to which I recently installed a
BMI (Belfort Memory International) 8GB drive. That drive is really
inexpensive, $140 including tax and shipping. The down side is that
the machine's old BIOS allows Windows 95 to see only 500 MB of the 8
GB.

Does anyone know of free software to effect a solution to this
problem? (Other than install Debian and wait for Corel Office:)

Please help me find an inexpensive solution to this vexing problem,
or point me to another mailing list or news group.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                  useful, technically accurate, and friendly.