Re: Diald auth problem & documentation

The reason that you should not remove the "auth" option in the ppp/options
file is that any and every upgrade will overwrite your changes.

The "proper" location for the "noauth" entry is in the /etc/ppp/peers/
provider (or whatever name you are using for the particular provider
with whom you are trying to establish a ppp connection).