Re: Corel + Debian +KDE ????

"Arjen v. V." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've heard that Corel is preparing to launch a new Distibution, with the
> coöperation of Debian and KDE.
> Does anybody know anything more about that?

A preview will be shown in August 10th -12th in Linux World, followed by a beta in
early September, and a full product release by the end of November. The install is
already fairly simple at this stage. Basically 4 steps (essentially 4 <enters> and a
few characters) and 8 minutes later, you would have a Corel Debian Linux up and
running in graphics mode in Corel's enhanced KDE environment. There is a whole lot
more but I can't uncover the lid too much yet before Linux World. Come and visit us in
Linux World if you happen to be in the San Jose area.

> Does also anybody knows when and if Corel is releasing Office 2000 ánd
> Coreldraw 9 for Linux.

The current plan is to have a beta version of Corel Office For Linux available by the
end of November. If things go well, all of our presentations in Linux World (August
10-12) will also be based on the Linux version of Corel Presentation. Last time, we
had to use the Windows version of Corel Presentation ;-(. The Graphics suite is
planned for the summer of 2000. All this should be public knowledge already.

> Thanx in advance,
> Greetings Arjen.
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Poon;Ming
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.corel.com
org:Corel Corporation;Emerging Technologies
adr:;;1600 Carling Avenue;Ottawa;Ontario;K1Z-8R7;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:mingp@corel.com
title:Development Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11072