RE: Sparc IPX mouse issue

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Leen Besselink wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Mike Lieberman wrote:
>
> > We are having problems getting Debian to see/find/use the Sun mouse
> > connected to our type 5 keyboard.
> >
> > gpmcongif wants to find /dev/mouse which doesn't exist.
> >
> > Xwindows won't run for the same reason.
> >
> > We know the mouse is working as we have Solaris on this box and
> the mouse
> > was just fine.
> >
> > Anyone using a Sparc IPX have any ideas?
>
> well, I can tell you... /dev/mouse is one most systems... maybe all, I
> don't know... just a like to the real device... and IPX is ps/2 right ?
>
> maybe it's: /dev/ps1 ? although I'm not much of a Sun user...
> hope this helps somehow.

IPC uses a three button ps/2 style but I have no idea if the pinout and the
signalling at the same. A dump of the vdir command on /dev directoy from
this box is available on ftp.netwright.net as dev-out.txt. There is no
/dev/mouse, no /dev/ps1 or ps2 or anything eles that makes sense to me.

/* Mike Lieberman                            Mike@NetWright.Net */
/*                         President                            */
/*                       Net Wright LLC                         */
/*                   http://www.netwright.net                   */
/*                 Voice and Fax: 307-857-1053                  */