Sparc IPX mouse issue

We are having problems getting Debian to see/find/use the Sun mouse
connected to our type 5 keyboard.

gpmcongif wants to find /dev/mouse which doesn't exist.

Xwindows won't run for the same reason.

We know the mouse is working as we have Solaris on this box and the mouse
was just fine.

Anyone using a Sparc IPX have any ideas?

/* Mike Lieberman                            Mike@NetWright.Net */
/*                         President                            */
/*                       Net Wright LLC                         */
/*                   http://www.netwright.net                   */
/*                 Voice and Fax: 307-857-1053                  */