Re: Partition table change

virtanen wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Aaron Solochek wrote:
>
> > Well, I've actually used Partition Magic (the boot disk) to resize
> > ext2 partitions.  I'd
> > imagine that it can move them around just as successfully.
> >
> > -Aaron Solochek
> >  leko@cmu.edu
> >
> > virtanen wrote:
> >
> > > I've downloaded ext2resize. Let's see if I've got courage to try it!

> That box of mine has got only debian. Will not let m$ and partition magic
> in.

No problem.  What he's referring to is a standalone boot disk that you
can create (you'd have to have a Win95 system somewhere that you can use
to make it).  Once you have that,  you just boot off of it and
PartitionMagic does its, well, magic.  (It brings up a sort of
stripped-down Win95, apparently).  At least if it has the drivers for
your disk devices.  I guess you might have problems if the drives hung
off a SCSI controller or something.