Dependency problem with dpkg <-> apt-get

Hi!

I'm having a problem; I installed my own inews (mini-inews from Slackware,
which posts directly to NNTP) to get uqwk to work (the inews that came with
Debian requires, for some strange reason, a local news server, which I don't
have). I updated the equivs package to indicate this.

Now, dselect and dpkg is content with this, and thinks everything is okay,
but apt-get isn't. It complains:

Checking system integrity...dependency error
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
dependencies:
  uqwk: Depends:inews

If I run 'apt-get -f install' it wants to install cnews and inews, which I
don't want to do.

# dpkg -s equivs
Package: equivs
[...cut...]
Provides: netscape4, lynx, motif, www-browser, inews
[...cut...]

What should I do to get it to work? I can ftp packages by hand and install
them with dpkg, but apt-get is nicer.

I'm running Slink.

apt 0.1.9 for i386 compiled on Nov  5 1998  17:50:04
Debian Linux `dpkg' package management program version 1.4.0.35 (i386 elf).
Debian Linux `dselect' package handling frontend. Version 1.4.0.35 (i386 elf).
Linux dat95pkn 2.0.37 #5 Thu Jun 10 18:28:58 CEST 1999 i586 unknown
--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

 Please Cc replies to me personally. Thanks.