Re: Problems installing with Promise Uttra33 (hde & hdg)

John Beimler <debian@radiomind.com> writes:

> I switched over to the 2nd virtual console and noticed there are no
> devices for hde or hdg, so I am guessing this is the problem.  I am
> hoping someone has a quick fix for me.  I would like to leave the
> setup the way it is, the HD controller that is on the motherboard is
> really flaky.

Can't you just bring up the shell in tty2 and mknod these devices?

Sorry, I know this is just a workaround ... this is a bug in the
boot-floppies that we fixed in mid-April, however, we never made a
"post-2.1.9" release... Enrique?  Feel like burning a boot-floppies
2.1.11 for slink?