Re: Questions after recompiling kernel

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, David Wright wrote:

> Quoting Stuart Ballard (sballard@netreach.net):
> > Just one more question... I still get the notorious "SIOCADDRT: Invalid
> > argument" error on bootup. I've read all over the place that the
> > solution to this is to comment out the "route add -net" line in
>                                      ^^^                  ^^^^
> > /etc/init.d/network. However, I already did this, and I still get the
> > message. Any ideas, anyone?
>
> There were two. You didn't leave one there, did you?

Recently, i noticed a file "setup-localhost" showed up in /etc/init.d (and
properly symlinked) that tries to configure the lo interface (which is
already done by "network" anyway) and uses the route command. dpkg -S
can't find a parent package. The package search engine can't find a
package. grepping /var/lib/dpkg/info doesn't find an install script that
creates it. None of the changelogs in /usr/doc/* seem to mention it either
(more zgrepping). Nothing in /usr/local/src mentions it either.

So where did this file come from? i'm running potato.