Re: ASUS' SM910 video chip

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 Mathias_Lienard@Stream.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I got a Omnibook XEwith a Silicon Motion LynxE inside( chipset is SM810 ).
> Do you have X11 running ?
> Personnaly, no. I wrote to HP and SM in order to have useful infos on SM810
> to make the driver for X. I go on with asking them regurlarly.
> If you have a kind of X11 running, could you tell me so ?
> Cheese
> tias.
>

> Bakosi Jozsef <qgestrok@gold.uni-miskolc.hu> on 07/20/99 10:14:50 AM
>
> To:   debian-user@lists.debian.org
> cc:   debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
> Subject:  ASUS' SM910 video chip
>

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know any possibility to use the graphics-acceleration under
> Debian with the ASUS L7300 notebook's SM910 graphics chip or I have to
> wait the driver from SiliconMotion?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jozsef
> from Hungary
>

> --

I don't know if LinxE support linux, but with LinX (SM910) can support it
with standard VBE 2.0 with the XF86_FBDev driver. You can read about it at
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/laptop/asus.html. But the its
disadvantage is that in this way You cannot use the built-in hardware
acceleration.

Regards,

Jozsef