Re: problem with .xsession

My experience has been that it's better to start those applications
before you start your window manager. Also, I've had problems when the
window manager isn't "exec"'ed.

Try:

swisswatch &
xload &
xbiff &
exec enlightenment

I've been running gnome-session (which usually remembers the
applications you had open when you log out). So my .xsession file looks
like:

#!/bin/sh
. $HOME/.bash_profile
xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults
esd -as 2 & 		#esd sound daemon that shares...
exec gnome-session

If you plan to use the gnome-session manager. First log in with
enlightenment as usual. Then start the gnome-name-service, and other
gnome apps like panel and gmc. Then edit your .xsession file with exec
gnome-session last (it'll remember which window manager you last used).

.xession should be executable (700).

--

Eric G. Miller