Re: Install Source Packages

>> "Klaus" == Klaus Pieper <KFPieper@t-online.de> wrote:

Klaus> one with dselect and all the web packages were gone.  So, is
Klaus> there any chance either to remove the old perl stuff and keep
Klaus> the dependent packages or can I build a deb package from the
Klaus> tar file?

The equivs package from unstable can create an empty perl package, so
that you can install your local version.

Personally, I am too chicken to do such thing with a important
component like perl :-)

Perl 5.005 is in unstable, but there is a transition in the package
layout, so it can't be installed in many cases yet. All packages have
to be updated first.

Ciao,
	Martin