Re: Adding users - two quick questions

*- On 19 Jul, Patrick Kirk wrote about "Re: Adding users - two quick questions"
> Thanks.  I didn't even know there was a command adduser!  Why is it better
> than useradd?

adduser is just a perl script that was written by Debian developers. It
ends up calling adduser as well as taking care of and handling many
other 'normal' defaults.  The fact that it is it's own package says a
little about it's worthiness compared to the useradd util that is in
the passwd package.  However, I agree, it doesn't make it more obvious
to the less experienced user since it is part of the base system.

# grep useradd /usr/sbin/adduser
    &systemcall('useradd', '-d', $home_dir, '-g', $ingroup_name, '-s',
    &systemcall('useradd', '-d', $home_dir, '-g', $ingroup_name, '-s',

--
Brian