HELP: cvs problem

Hello,

asked in the cvs newsgroup but nobody answers..... and i am really stuck...

due to a bug, i checked out an old version and modifyed it to match the
regular version without the bug, but now i am stuck....

i would like to have this new version in place of the old one, but even when i
try to declare this as a new major version, cvs stops asking to put my working
version in sync with the buggy one.....

so how can i check in and tell the server to not do any update checks? I tryed
to find the bug, but failed..... the diff between the 2 versions is far too
big.... and i would like to preserve the history of the files....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net