Re: apt-get on linux / download on NT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Joel Gautschi wrote:

> I want to do the following thing:
> I have a debian (slink) pc at home. Sometimes I want to update some packages
> or even the whole system - f.e. to a later debian dist. the problem is that
> I don't have a static connection to the internet (or sth like that) at home.
> My connection isn't fast enough if i want to upgrade to a later
> debain-dist... (-> it would cost a lot of money). the best solution would be
> if I could.... generate a list of the needed packages for upgrade on my
> linux pc at home (f.e. with apt-get).

I'm somewhat sharing this problem. My problem is now to install Debian in
a machine. It is connected to the net, but I cannot make that connection
using Linux at the moment. The base is already installed, but

1) I wanted to install a predefined standard system.

2) How can I get easily a list of the packages needed?

I could put all the neede packages on a zip-disk. Both win and debian can
read and write on that zip-disk, but the netconnection is now only with
win95.

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi