Re: postgres install error from apt

Pollywog wrote:

  >On 19-Jul-99 Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >>
  >> There was a filename clash between libpgsql2 and a previous release of
  >> postgresql.  You will probably find that libpgsql2 is not properly
  >> installed.  This was because the psql executable was moved between the two
  >> packages and I seem to have messed up the procedure slightly.  psql is use
  >> by postgresql-pl's postinst script, which is why you have this problem.
  >>
  >> Make sure that libpgsql2 is properly installed (which will work fine the
  >> second time around), and you will then be able to configure postgresql-pl.
  >
  >I know the problem is related to postgresql-pl, as you said.  I have removed
  >it.  I will purge libpgsql2 and then install the most recent version.

You only need to reinstall the copy you have got; the problem is a
temporary one caused by the order of upgrading.  If dpkg attempted to
install libpgsql2 before postgresql, the problem occurred.  Once postgresql
is updated, there is no problem in installing libpgsql2.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and