Re: FreeCiv

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:52:31 +0200, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> > I tried several times to get freeciv working but failed each time
> > because civclient stops with SIGSEGV.
> Upgrade your xpm library and file a bug report against civclient to make
> it
> need xpm >= 3.4j
~> dpkg --status xpm4g
Package: xpm4g
 XPM (X PixMap) is a format for storing and retrieving pixmaps to
 and from files.  This package includes a runtime library for
 including, storing, reading and writing the XPM format.

So this should be OK.  I use at home a clean (off-line) Slink
System, with only the GTK+ related packages updated, which shouldn't
conflict with FreeCiv.  Stangely enough, I run FreeCiv with
comparable configuration without any problem.
Anyway the strace-log seems to show that a graphics-related library
causes the problem.  Should I try the xpm library from potato?

Kind regards

       Andreas.