wordperfect problems

I have noticed people talking about having wordperfect installed, and
I finally got around to downloading it from cdrom.com yesterday.
However it does not run, I go through the installation stuff (the text
version, since the graphic version won't load) and when it gets done
installing everything something seg faults, but the message goes away
too quickly to see.  When I try to run the executable I just get a seg
fault.  This is a slink system running gnome, with kernel 2.2.10.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu