samba password changes after potato upgrade

After upgrading my system to potato, my samba services no longer work.
I get an error message saying that the password supplied is not valid.
Everything worked fine under slink.

If I remember correctly, part of the instructions on the old setup was
to remove password encryption so windows 95 could connect (Its been so
long, I'm not sure exactly what I did to set it up).  The latest version
of samba has encryption enabled for windows 95/98.

Where should I look to modify my configuration files?  Are there any
docs on conversion issues from the version that was stable with slink?

Thanks,

Doug