Re: Security problems

lena wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am a newbie with administrating my own Debian server, and got problems
> that got to do with security.
>
> I have 20 different users that got both ftp and telnet access to the server
> /using it for web publishing/. I would like to add they got access to their
> root directory and all directories below it, but not to be able to go
> towards the \.
>
> Also, they shouldnt have telnet access.
>
> I have looked through all documentation I have been able to find, and asked
> everywhere, and it seems to stay unsolved.
That is all handled via granting permissions to their /home directories
and establishing a path for these users that allows the access to only
those prgs that you want them to use. In addition if you will be
managing that many users you might take a look at WebMin. Its very
useful for this type of setup.

http://www.webmin.com

--
John Foster