About PowerPC microprocessors and hardware supported...

I am thinking of buying a new computer to play around with, and it's not
gonna be a normal pentium, I was thinking of buying a PowerPC-based
computer. My problem is though if you are supporting the new styles of
Motorolas G4 and on processors. And if you are, what motherboard and
hardware should I buy to build my computer with. I am only gonna run Linux
(debian-version) on it. Don't tell me that this is stupid question or
something like that, if you think I'm on the wrong place asking stupid
questions, tell me where to go instead...

/Bacon a Linuxlover (also a Novell lover..:))