Re: Potato upgrade and Perl warnings...

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> With dselect, I kept going around in circles on the
> dependency/conflict resolution screens.

That's because Perl in potato is unstable at the moment, you either have
to remove the packages that haven't yet been upgraded to the new perl
policy or put the ones that need perl-5.005 on hold until everything you
want has been upgraded.

apt-get upgrade probably skips the new perl to prevent the removal of
packages it considers more important than the various libs that want
perl-5.005.