apt-get segmentation fault

Hello,
I just ran fsck because at boot-time problems were
reported with my disk.  It seemed to have run okay,
it fixed a bunch of stuff, and the reboot after that
went normally (as far as I could tell).

Now, when I run "apt-get update", "apt-get check", or
"apt-get dist-upgrade", it seg-faults on the step
called "Checking system integrity" (right after
"Updating package status cache".

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I'm not sure
which logs/files/etc. hold the clues, but I'd be
happy to post whatever info anyone would be interested
in seeing.

Thanks,

--David