Re: plog and wvdial output

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 12:41:49AM -0700, David Karlin wrote:
> Hello,
> My ppp connection quit working this afternoon, and before finding out
> that there was a problem on my ISP's end, I reran pppconfig, and edited
> a config file or two, but I can't remember exaxtly what I did.
>
> Well now my ISP is back up again, but my PPP connection is broken.
> Here's the plog output.  It loops infinitely spewing lines like these,
> differing only by the timestamp:
>
> Jul 16 00:13:00 champagne pppd[427]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0xd3 <addr
> 192.168.1.10> <compress VJ 0f 01>]
> Jul 16 00:13:00 champagne pppd[427]: rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0xd3 <addr
> 206.175.227.6>]
[snip]

Try adding the line

   noipdefault

to your /etc/ppp/peers/<isp> file.  Your pppd is insisting on an ip
of 192.168.1.10, but your ISP refuses to accept it.

> When I run wvdial, it also loops, trying (unsuccessfully) to make a
> connection.  Here is the output from wvdial:
>
> ATDT 9494614
> CONNECT 14400/ARQ
> --> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
>  0025VLE
> Host Name:
> --> Looks like a login prompt.
> --> Sending: mhz2005158@mhz2.sprynet.com
> MHZ2005158@MHZ2.SPRYNET.COM

Can't help you with this one.

> If anyone can make sense of this, it would sure be
> appreciated.  If you need any other info, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --David

HTH,
Mike

[I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC: me on replys.]

--
Michael Merten (ironfoot@popaccount.com)
          ---> NRA Life Member (http://www.nra.org)