Re: Sendmail questions (almost there!) Followup

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Mike Patterson wrote:

> Ok, black is actually the 0.69, a machine dialing in with ppp. 0.1, the
> relay, is "white".

cool, we're on the same page then (I'm suddenly reminded of a Three Dog
Night song ;-} )

> So I made the change above on white in the file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.
> The file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf had no FEATURE lines in it, so I assumed
> that it was the wrong file.

ah well, 'tis been a long, hard week... sorry

> My .mc file now looks like:
> --
> divert(-1)
> divert(0)
> VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc      8.9.1a (Linux) 19981026')
> OSTYPE(debian)dnl
> LOCAL_CONFIG
> FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
> FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
> Cwchromatic.org
> FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
> FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
> FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
> MAILER_DEFINITIONS
> MAILER(local)dnl
> MAILER(smtp)dnl
>
> LOCAL_CONFIG
> MASQUERADE_AS(chromatic.org)dnl
> ## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
>
> FEATURE(relay_entire_domain)dnl
> --

Looks good

> The output I'm getting in my mail.info file is now:
> --
> Jul 15 15:53:37 white sendmail[934]: PAA00934: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<mike@col.hp.com>, relay=black.chromatic.org [192.168.0.69], reject=550 <mike@col.hp.com>... Relaying denied

hrm... did you run sendmailconfig and answer Y twice after editing
sendmail.mc?  (once to rebuild sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc, and once to
restart sendmail using the new sendmail.cf)

--
Rick Nelson
C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\GO C:\PC\CRAWL