Re: CD-RW woes. Again.

Ok, try this:

ide-cd = module
ide-scsi = module
scsi-generic = kernel
scsi-cdrom = kernel

This is from memory...

Now, whichever module (ide-cd or ide-scsi) gets loaded
first will attempt to control *both* drives.

so in you lilo.conf file, add:
 append="ide-cd=/dev/hdc ide-scsi=/dev/hdd"

and in your modules.conf:
 options ide-cd ignore=/dev/hdd
 options ide-scsi ignore=/dev/hdc

which tells the modules to ignore the other drive.

THIS IS ALL FROM MEMORY.  I'm not at my linux box right now.
If it doesn't work let me know, and I'll write down my setup
(which is the same as what you're trying to do) and send it to you.

Bryan