Re: .bash_history

Something that might help:
bash has both emacs and vi key bindings, and I think it defaults to emacs,
SO if you know that you used 'ls -stuFF' many commands ago, you can
type
<CTRL-R> ls
and bash will search backwards in the history list for the last time you
used ls and instantly take you there.
I use this whenever I dont wanna hit the up arrow 100 times.
Hope this helps,			marlon