Re: Wierd subject names in mutt

	Subject: Wierd subject names in mutt
	Date: Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 04:44:27PM +0100

Quoting Patrick Kirk(patrick@kirks.net):
> Hi all,
>
> I keep finding my inbox full of subjects like A** and I suspect it started when I put lists debian-user in my .muttrc
>
> Does anyone know why?
>
> I'm pasting in a few lines:
>
>    2     Jul 14 To debian-user@ (  12) .bash_history
>    3 r   Jul 14 To debian-user@ (  12) ÀÄ>
>    4 O   Jul 14 To debian-user@ (  27)   ÀÄ>
>    5 O   Jul 14 Matthew Kirkwoo (  90) Re: Did you get my mail yesterday?
>    6     Jul 14 Matthew Kirkwoo (  90) Ã*>
>    7     Jul 14 Matthew Kirkwoo (  93) À*>
>
> Actually, it seems to have been mangled even further when I tried pasting.  Usually, its lots of accented A's and symbols.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Those "weird" subjects are the threading of the mail that is done by
mutt.  Mine look more like

        Re: routing problem?
        |->
        |-->

How this is done is in the mutt manual.  The key to look for is
ascii_chars or tree.

I have in my .muttrc
unset ascii_chars to show tha above display.

I would guess thæt you have set ascii_chars in yours.

Gee, the docs ARE good in debian, aren't they!

--
Keyboard : Instrument used to enter errors into computer.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>