Re: squid question

In article <cistron.19990714164054.A2768@shao.shao.penguinpowered.com>,
Shao Zhang  <shao@cia.com.au> wrote:
>Hi,
>	Is there anyway to rebuild the index file swap.log.0 file from the actual cache??
>
>	We have accidentally removed the swap file, and we still have 32GB of cache... we don't want to waste all of that...

I think that squid rebuilds that file on startup if it isn't there.
It might take a looooooonngg time though

Alternatively, squid should have the file open. If it's still running,
a reference to that file should be somewhere in /proc/<pid>/fd/<fd>,
you might be able to copy it from there. But then you're copying a
snapshot - by the time you restart squid to use the new file, it might
have changed and you're using an inconsistent swap.log file. That
might give a lot of strange problems.

Mike.
--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.