Re: M$CHAP with PPP

I had problems connecting to my provider with chap (but whether its the same version as your chap I don't know), and I used the ppp-config to set it up once all my 'by hand' efforts had failed. It worked a charm, but I say I'm not sure my provider uses your provider's version of chap.

HTH

Martin

From: Michael Merten <ironfoot@popaccount.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: M$CHAP with PPP
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:25:34 -0500

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 01:14:30PM -0500, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
> I'm going to bet that it isn't liking the entries in your chap-secrets file. It probably isn't matching the entry you've made.

Ok, my chap-secrets file is set up like this...

I do know that the <ntdomain> must be given.  Even logging in with Win, you
get repeated authorization dialogs until you enter the correct NT domain.

In my /etc/ppp/peers/<isp> file I have:

       hide-password
       noauth
       connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/<isp>"
       debug
       /dev/ttyS1
       115200
       defaultroute
       noipdefault
       -am
       user <username>
       remotename <isp>
       ipparam <isp>
       usepeerdns

Note that I had to include the -am option in the above because when my side
of the connection sent an LCP packet requesting asyncmap negotiation (usually
the first thing sent), the other side dropped carrier.

Finally, /etc/chatscript/<isp> is:

ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO DIAL TONE' ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
       '' ATZ
       OK-AT-OK ATDT*70,<ispphone>
       CONNECT \d\c

I'm at a loss to figure out anything else to do.  I have logged in using
Win dial-up, so I know the username/password/ntdomain are correct.  Any
ideas?

Mike

--
Michael Merten (ironfoot@popaccount.com)