Re: [dkarlin@coloradomtn.edu: Re: public_html directories not accessable outside of LAN]

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 10:26:11AM -0700, David Karlin wrote:
> > > Hi Jeff,
> > > First, thanks for the speedy response (4 minutes).
> > > Second, I tried your suggestion and set
> > > UseCanonicalName no, but after I restarted Apache, it
> > > refused all connections, even from the LAN.
> >
> > You need to set UseCanonicalName off, not UseCanonicalName no, or
> > Apache will barf.
>
> Rene,
> Acutally, that is what I had put in there.  I was typing the email
> from memory, which turned out to be faulty.
>
> Any other suggestions?
 Look in the error_log and access_log and see what it prints there. If this
won;t help try something like:
strace -o somefile httpd
 This will produce file quite a lot of system calls and somesuch. Try looking
at it and see where it fails and why (look for some error messages and codes
from error.h (like ENOENT and so on)

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate