Fw: ADSL

Last one was in HTML.  Whoops!

I'm a Linux newbie!  I'm also a subscriber to the debian-users list and I
noticed that some of you have an ADSL link.  I've been trying to get it to
work on Debian, but to no avail.

I've used winipcfg to find out the information I need, but Linux is still
having problems resolving webSite addresses, especially when I run dselect.
Some of the information that the network config file asks from me I also
find confusing.  Like the gateway question and the Broadcast one, as well as
the DNS Server.  I'm signed onto Sympatico and they're not helping with
Linux config.  Is there any way you could give me some kind of step-by-step
as to how you did it?  Or to help me out somehow?   If you need any more
information,  let me know.

-Sera Hill
sera.hill@sympatico.ca