Re: un-umount-able hd and irqs of pci

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Peter Allen wrote:

> I'll try that, thanks.
> By the way, I *thought* that rather than a slot by slot basis it was
> meant to be handled by the bios, but then mine doesn't, and as it
> is an award bios at least half of all modern Pc's won't as well.

It is supposed to be handled by the BIOS; the method the BIOS uses to
determine who gets which IRQ is another story.

PCI cards can safely share interrupts, provided the software supprots it.

What model graphics card do you have?  I've heard that Riva based cards
may have this problem, but as it doesn't affect me I don't remember the
solution.

I think there is an X server patch, or seomthing ,that fixes this.