pcmcia support and debian

Hi:

I have just purchased a used AST Ascentia 810N notebook pc.  This system
doesn't have a cd rom drive, so I am forced to use a PCMCIA-enabled one to
install Debian.  Could anyone tell me if the Debian 2.0 CD (I just bought
the official user guide with the cds included) contains the drivers to
recognize this kind of cd rom drive? I don't have the drive yet either, as I
am shopping around, but would appreciate any advice/experiences you might
care to report.

Thanks

David Mussington

I can see it now, robotic dogs chasing Furbys up binary trees!! Aaaargh!