Newbie needs help with installation

I have a 486DX 50Mhz with 8MB Ram. I tried to install Debian 2.1,
with two boot floppies (Resc1440, Drv1440). The installation-routine
cannot mount the prop. CD-Rom (SoundBlaster) successful. By configure
the sbpcd Module i get following message:

eval: 1: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution

script: cd /dev && rm -f cdrom && ln -s sbpcd0 cdrom
eval: 1: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution

Installation succeeded

Can anyone tell me what this means???
Please help a Linux newbie to get his system.