update-menus not working? A bug?

I am using Potato and regularly update my system with apt-get. I
currently have version 2.1.0-2 of menu and version 0.60.0-4 of Window
Maker.

Basically my Window Maker menu is not updating as it should, even when I
install a new Debian package. If I run update-menus as a user I get a
segmentaion fault, and as root it does nothing. Manual changes to
/etc/menu have no effect. It used to work fine.

Is there a bug? I do apologise if the topic has already been mentioned
in the group.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net