Re: public_html directories not accessable outside of LAN

> > Perhaps the dydns.org is the solution.
>
> That would work.  dyndns.com (fee-based) or dhs.org (free).
> There are numerous such services.  I don't know of a better way to do it,
> other than asking your ISP for a static IP.  If it is a small ISP, they might
> do it for a few more dollars each month.  If it is a large ISP, they probably
> won't do it.

Actually, it looks like I'd have to get a business account,
which costs about $100/month + ~$24 for my phone line.

If I could figure out where the address is getting
re-written (has to be either something in Apache's config
or something funky with my bind. (I'm no bind expert, though.))
then this thing might work.

I was doing some testing and dialed in from another computer
and different ISP and tried to access http://xx.xx.xx.xx
and it didn't get re-written.  When I added "/~dbk",
it did get rewritten as mylocalhostname.com/~dbk.
Then I noticed that the same thing was happening with
netscape on the box running the Apache server in question,
and with lynx, too.

Well, thanks again for your interest and effort.

--David

--
David Karlin