Cron Jobs Don't Purge

I've noted that when using dselect to install and uninstall various
software packages (mostly in slink, but in potato systems too) that even
after asking dpkg to "purge" the configuration files of a particular
program, many times the cron entries for those programs are left behind.

This, of course, causes the sysadmin to receive regular e-mail messages
with cron errors in them.

Are these just oversights on the package maintainer's part, or is there
a good reason they're left behind after being installed.  I usually go
in and clean them up myself, but should I be logging what packages do
this and letting the maintainers know through the bug tracking system?

Thanks,

| Nate Duehr - nate@natetech.com    | Support Amateur Radio & Linux! |
| Private Pilot, Telephony Engineer |  Ham Callsign: N0NTZ           |
| UNIX Hack, Perl Hack, Tech-Freak  |  Grid Square: DM79             |